Spring is Here …
Here at go go Conveyancing we know that spring is the traditional time of year that many people look to buy or sell a property. This year has been no different with the start of the spring season kicking off with a bang in NSW. According to realestateview.com.au the warmer than average end to winter combined with lower interest rates and affordable housing prices have combined to create ideal conditions for buyers in this year’s spring market.
So we thought it would be great to get the lowdown from real estate agent Bruce Gair of PRD Nationwide Shoal Bay, about how to get your house ‘sale ready’ this spring.
It is the little things that count according to Bruce, so to achieve the best possible price for your home it is important to highlight the features that are unique to your property, while trying to minimize distractions. Here are Bruce’s tips:
- Refresh the interior of your home with a coat of paint. This is a quick and cheap way to brighten your home and by using a neutral colour scheme you also allow potential buyers to visualize both their furniture, and themselves, in your home.
- Have carpets steam cleaned and if you can, re-varnish floorboards and tiles. This will add instant value and enhance your house, even making rooms appear larger.
- If you have the budget, many real estate agents recommend hiring furniture to show off rooms to the best effect. But just removing large items and eliminating clutter during the marketing campaign can also help improve the look and feel of the property.
- The kitchen is often described as a main influences on buyers. Generally buyers are looking for space, cleanliness and functionality so make sure cupboards are tidy and clutter is removed to make the space look larger.
- The garage is another space that buyers think of as important at when deciding on a property. The better maintained this area is the more highly it rates on their checklist. Make sure it is clutter free and highly organized.
- A general clean up and spring clean will do wonders to add value to your home. Clean windows, inside and out. Repair any damaged walls, windows or doors and ensure plumbing, heating and cooling is in working order. And paint the roof and fix any cracked tiles to create instant impact.
- And don’t forget the garden! Planting flowers and shrubs near the entrance to add colour and neatening edges, lawns and shrubs is vital. Make sure you feed and weed your lawn so that it is in tip-top condition at inspections.
If you follow the tips above, hopefully you will achieve the best possible price for your home and have those spring buyers falling over themselves to place the winning bid on your property!
Good luck and remember go go Conveyancing can help with all of your property sales and purchases in NSW.
Thank you to Bruce Gair of PRD Nationwide, Shoal Bay for providing the information in this article. To speak to Bruce and his team about buying or selling in the Port Stephens area contact them on 02 4984 2000 or find them at www.prdportstephens.com.au
Make it easy, make it go go!